One of the most common concerns we hear from families in the market for a new home is that they fear the home building process. Generally, that fear is derived from not knowing what is involved with the ground-up approach, but we, at Turner & Son Homes, know from experience that those fears are alleviated with a bit of education. We’ve created the map above and listed the steps, bolding the milestones, of building a dream home below.
1) Select Property: Whether you own your land or need our help finding it we will work diligently and efficiently with you.
2) Initial Model Home Visit: View our craftsmanship in completion to assess any necessary modifications of our flexible floor plans.
3) Sign Purchase Contract
4) Initial Design Studio Visit: Our professional interior designers will help you customize your new home’s look.
5) Finalize Plans with Drafters: We want to ensure that modifications made to our flexible floor plans meet your family’s needs.
6) Finish Feature Selections: Whether it’s exotic stone counters, recessed lighting, or brushed nickel faucets, we will style it for you.
7) Finalize and Sign Final Construction Agreement
8) Pre-Construction Review
9) Financial Closing: If applicable, you will solidify the financing of your new home construction with your financial institution or lender.
10) Construction Begins
11) Foundation, Framing, and Roofing is erected.
12) Windows and Exterior Doors: The outside is starting to look like your home!
13) Rough Heating, Electrical, and Plumbing
14) Pre-Drywall Walk: We will closely inspect the plumbing, electrical, and heating as a safety measure prior to installing the drywall.
15) Insulation: Properly insulating your home makes it more energy-efficient, lowering your utility bills and reducing negative environmental impact.
16) Exterior (Brick or Siding)
18) Interior Doors, Cabinets, and Trim: The door casing, base, stair railing, and other bits come together, and it’s beginning to have the look of your home.
19) Paint and Stain
20) Tile Flooring
21) Final Electrical fixtures, Plumbing fixtures, and Heat and Air installed
22) Bath Hardware and Shower Doors
23) Carpet and or Wood Flooring
24) Detail and Punch out
25) Landscaping: If you choose, your yard is ready to be landscaped.
26) Certificate of Occupancy
27) Homeowner Orientation:
28) Closing, Acceptance of Keys, and Move IN!
29) 30 Day Warranty Visit: Please schedule in advance, as this optional service is offered, not automatic.
30) 1 Year Warranty Visit: Please schedule in advance, as this optional service is offered, not automatic.
31) Many years of healthy, energy-efficient living!